As the new Academic Advisor for the Arts and Culture and Global Affairs programs at University College, I am enjoying the continuous learning I am experiencing in my first month. Being once again fully engaged in Higher Education, I am inspired daily by the prospective and current students I am associating with.
Seeing the many working adults and other certificate and master’s degree seekers participating in the hard work necessary to accomplish their goals is a unique experience that I have been able to share with others.
I think being a certificate or master’s degree student is a wonderful way to inspire those around you, including friends, family, colleagues, and many others. I offer my compliments and thanks to the many students of University College for their hard work and dedication.
I would like to share with the University College community a few quotes about education that I find inspiring:
• “The happiest people are those who think the most interesting thoughts. Those who decide to use leisure as a means of mental development, who love good music, good books, good pictures, good company, good conversation, are the happiest people in the world. And they are not only happy in themselves, they are the cause of happiness in others.” –William Lyon Phelps
• “The function of education is to teach one to think intensively and to think critically. Intelligence plus character––that is the goal of true education.” – Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
• “No matter what people tell you words and ideas can change the world.” – Robin Williams
• The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you’ll go.” – Dr. Seuss
• “Anyone who stops learning is old, whether at twenty or eighty. Anyone who keeps learning stays young.” – Henry Ford
• “Develop a passion for learning. If you do, you will never cease to grow.” – Anthony J. DeAngelo
I look forward to an inspiring future together!